View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It's notable that the lyrics of the song don't include the title of the song -- a rare instance.

Ideally. if the Rumours era Fleetwood Mac band had been a little more functional and prolific, they would have produced a few more than just five albums. Songs like The Smile I Live For would be a perfect fit on those "could have been" albums. Even the most short-lived bands can claim a larger sonic landscape. Our only concession is the wide array of of solo albums.

The Mamas & Papas (the dysfunctional drama-induced precursor to Fleetwood Mac), managed to produce four albums in the mere three years together, before calling it quits. However rigid expectations and commercial demands were different in that era -- if you didn't put out at least one or two albums a year, your career was at risk.

Christine's song Friend, from her last album, sounds so much like a long-lost great Fleetwood Mac song.
I agree that Friend sounds like Fleetwood Mac. It almost has a You Make Loving Fun feel to it. But Christine IS Fleetwood Mac IMHO so it should come as no surprise some of her songs sound like the Mac. I don't think Got a Hold on Me sounds like the Mac but many have said that song has a Mac sound with her peppy lyrics.

Back to her 1984 album......so many fantastic songs that I would never change anything with like Ask Anybody with Stevie Winwood on keyboards and Mick Fleetwood on drums and the Challenge with Eric Clapton on guitar. New Mac fans should give this album a good listen.