Thread: Twin Peaks 2016
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just found this online from the Dailymail which is about Sheryl Lee.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ork-broke.html

The Twin Peaks star left broke after rare blood disorder crippled her career: Sheryl Lee reveals how she was forced to sell her home and even TV memorabilia

By Bella Brennan for MailOnline

Published: 12:18 EST, 11 November 2014 | Updated: 03:55 EST, 12 November 2014

She rose to fame playing Laura Palmer and Maddy Reguson in the Nineties cult series Twin Peaks.

But actress Sheryl Lee, 47, has revealed to the Evening Standard newspaper that her life has been put on hold after she was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder called neutropenia - an abnormally low level of neutrophils, a type of white blood cell - in 2007.

Speaking to the publication the star said: 'I've had to sell everything for financial reasons. From the age of 40, I went through illness for four and a half years.'

'I tried to keep working through it as much as I could, but I was physically not able to do it as much and if you look sick it's hard to get a job.'

Scroll down for video
+5

Struggling: Twin Peaks actress Sheryl Lee has revealed to that her life has been put on hold after she was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder called neutropenia in 2007 leaving her broke and unable to find work
Icon: Sheryl played Laura Palmer and Maddy Reguson in the Nineties cult series Twin Peaks
+5

Icon: Sheryl played Laura Palmer and Maddy Reguson in the Nineties cult series Twin Peaks

Sheryl, who was once married to Neil Diamond's son Jesse Diamond, said she starred in a few independent films however acknowledged they don't pay nearly enough.

Sadly the disease was so crippling the blonde beauty was forced to sell her house, and even more tragically her Twin Peaks souvenirs, in a bid to make some money.

Sheryl is a VIP guest in London this week for the Twin Peaks UK Festival, which will be held in east London's Whitechapel.
Radiant in red: The actress was pictured in happier times in 1999
+5

Radiant in red: The actress was pictured in happier times in 1999

Meanwhile, Twin Peaks creator David Lynch recently announce he will be creating a third season of the show, tipped for a 2016 release.

'Dear Twitter friends... it is happening again,' David tweeted to his 1.8m followers, posting a link to an official announcement that confirmed a nine-episode run will be shown in early 2016 on the Showtime cable network.

'The groundbreaking television phenomenon, Golden Globe and Peabody Award-winner Twin Peaks will return as a new limited series on Showtime in 2016,' the statement revealed.

It has been 25 years since the series was abruptly cancelled in 1991 on the ABC network.

However, a return to the show had been hoped by many after murdered beauty queen Laura Palmer whispered to FBI Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) that she would see him again in 25 years.

The primetime drama was set in 1989, so it looks like Laura might make good on that promise.
Twin Peaks is set to return with a new series in 2016
Cult classic: Sheryl also starred in the prequel Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, along with Grace Zabriskie, Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise
+5

Cult classic: Sheryl also starred in the prequel Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, along with Grace Zabriskie, Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise

The statement added that series creators and executive producers David Lynch and Mark Frost 'will write and produce all nine episodes of the limited series, and Lynch will direct every episode.'

The series became of the most top-rated shows of 1990, and was listed as one Time Magazine's 'Best TV Shows of All-TIME' in 2007.

The pilot was the highest-rated two-hour television event for the 1989–90 season with a 22 rating, and was viewed by 33 per cent of the audience. Once it began airing on a regular basis, the show scored ABC's highest ratings in four years.

However, midway through the second season, a major plot point (ie the murderer of Laura Palmer) was revealed and the series began to fizzle in the ratings.
Cult show 'Twin Peaks' centered around Laura Palmer's murder

A week after the second season's 15th episode fell to a devastating 85th place in the TV rankings, the network placed the show on indefinite hiatus.

Lynch later stated that he regretted caving in to network pressure to wrap up the Laura Palmer storyline, calling it a 'tough act to follow'.

The conclusion of the series had fans in a tizzy, as the unintentional finale left the series and its characters up in the air.

After it left TV sets, the series spawned the 1992 movie Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, which only focused on the last seven days of Laura's life and offered few answers to the disturbing series finale.
Blonde beauty: The stunning actress has had a tough time after being diagnosed with neutropenia, an abnormally low level of neutrophils, a type of white blood cell
+5

Blonde beauty: The stunning actress has had a tough time after being diagnosed with neutropenia, an abnormally low level of neutrophils, a type of white blood cell

After Twin Peaks my life went downhill … I had to sell everything says Sheryl Lee - Celebrity News - Showbiz - London Evening Standard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016