View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I count English Rose and Pious Bird as one album, since there’s an album’s worth of material between the two albums that’s not available on other Fleetwood Mac albums. Given that British and US releases often differed in that era, it’s challenging to come up with definitive lists. I also include Blues Jam Session at Chess and The Original FM. Sure, they were essentially recorded live, but they’re also part of the band’s history and official body of work.

The additional bracket for Danny was Jeremy’s “solo” album, since Mick, John, and Danny were Jeremy’s backing band. Peter was also on the album, but just on one song, which is why I didn’t count it for him.

I appreciate you did that for a bit of fun/interest.
I hope you don't think this could be used as a true barometer for comparing the comparative contributions of the different members. The time spent by Lindsey crafting the honed albums can't be compared to the PG era material. Its true the early incarnation had a massive output over a short period of time but much of the material included covers and was recorded extremely quickly. Even a lot of the original material was relatively quickly written standard blues. Its a hard push to sell the Chicago recordings as a full Fleetwood Mac album; they were largely songs written by the other players and (I might be wrong but...) I don't think all of Fleetwood Mac were present for many/any of the tracks. You could also go as far as to count Tusk twice (and perhaps Say You Will too).

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood