Thread: Has PG retired?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Peter's playing reflects his personality.
He is a grown up man now, not a young lad like in the 60s, dammit!!
He is not supposed to play the same way as he did back then ... no one should have to do that! And the true artists never do! They change ... develope...

I see Peter's different playing styles as developement. When he started playing again in 1996, he stated that he discovered new "things" that he'd never known with Fleetwood Mac. Contrary to most other veteran players, Peter hasn't stuck to "the good ole formula".. ("That worked, let's stick to it...") At the end of his time with Kolors, he stopped bending the notes ... for more emotional impact. And in a way I follow him! I mean, with the limitation of not being "allowed" to bend the strings, you really have to think about what you're playing!!

And just listen to his playing in recent years. It is much more experimental that what he did with Fleetwood Mac!!! I listen to it again and again, and I become more and more amazed......

The same thing goes for his singing. Compare his singing on "Man Of The World" and say... "Cruel Contradictions", and tell me which of them has the more emotional singing ???

Any critic or music reporter who doesn't understand this, should get another job.

Last edited by dansven; 10-20-2006 at 08:34 AM..