View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
I think people also tend to forget that when John told Lindsey to leave, Lindsey felt he was being expelled from the band. Up to that point he was trying to talk the rest of the band into accepting that he simply couldn't face the tour. If things hadn't gotten so ugly, he might have done it. It wasn't entirely his fault. But the Lindsey haters will never see it that way.
Well, if he did indeed think he was being fired, it was a misconception he no doubt didn't hold for too long. I'm posting an OOTC interview on my site now where Lindsey is asked by a caller, "Would you to go back to Fleetwood Mac if they begged?" His reply: "What makes you think they haven't?"

And I think they did. I think they begged hard-core, hands and knees, grovelling style. Or at least Mick did. So we can't go "aw, poor Lindsey, he thought he was fired." (Besides, I always took that line from John "I was asking him to leave the room, not the band!" as a joke.)

It does make me sad when I think of my poor sugar Lindsey crying alone in his car in the driveway, though! Bad times.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-04-2004 at 11:03 PM..