View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g. fish View Post
Back to the original intent of this thread...

In the 70s & 80s...

Stevie
- Drew in the crowds
- Had a strong presence on stage with vocals and energy

Lindsey
- Was the creative genius behind the sound
- Had a strong presence on stage with vocals, guitar and energy

Last incarnation of Rumours Five...

Stevie
- Drew in the crowds
- Had a weak presence on stage with weak vocals and lack of energy

Lindsey
- Continues to be the creative genius behind the sound
- Had an even stronger presence on stage with vocals, guitar and energy
- Steals the show with his charisma, energy and talent - people leave the concert talking about Lindsey.

Lindsey has gotten better with age. And sadly, he has been compensating for the decline of Stevie and Christine.

And now the new members are going to make up for the loss of Lindsey? My billfold says no thanks.
Lindsey may have retained the same level of energy even as he aged, but there is no denying that his vocal quality declined as much if not more than Stevie's. Christine had some off key moments captured of film in 2014-2015 but when I went to their Sydney show, vocally she was the best of all three. I understand by the time of BuckVie she has declined and particularly so on You Make Loving Fun.
Now if Christine had left, that would have been something else. Easily replaced on keyboard by Tuggle and they go back to what they were doing for ten years after Say You Will. But I would have been more upset about that. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about the new line up, but I will miss Lindsey.
I just don't buy the whole idea he was fired out of spite. He admits he was trying to fit solo around Mac dates. Look, either you're fully committed to your band, or you're not.