View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Registered

^
Thank you for the info. It's a shame. I'd think being one of the exceptionally good male rock singers of all time (there aren't a ton) would provide enough adulation for Tyler, and also give him a sense of self-respect not to want the meaningless kind of fame that 'Idol' will give him.
John Kalodner sounds kinda pissed off! I met him a few times, many years ago. Maybe with Tyler on 'Idol' the Aerosmith franchise is coming to an end with not so much as a farewell tour before they're even older than they are now, I can understand any resentment the band or associates may have.
Could it be Tyler is feeling tired and/or is afraid that his voice is going to let him down? It might explain the madness of the current employment he has chosen.
I feel badly for Joe Perry and the rest of Aerosmith. And if Steven is as shallow to only want 'Hollywood fame' how is he going to take any criticism that his face isn't exactly - I'm sorry- high definition prime time television material?
The lighting should be interesting, but probably not enough to ever make me want to watch American Idol!