View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Registered

Default Aerosmith?/ Joan Jett

I wish someone would reveal what's going on with Aerosmith! They played a concert this month in Canada, and have cancelled or postponed their VA show. Why on earth would Steven Tyler want to be a host on that terrible talent show, and why would a television network hire a 60-something to be on weekly series aimed at teens and pre-teens with a cut- off age for contestants? He's trading in Joe Perry for JLo and Ryan Seacrest? Yeah, that's smart, Tyler.
Tyler is a rock singer, a great one, but hardly seems suitable for prime time high-definition television. I think he's insane for wanting to be on the shlock-fest that is "Idol"- I just don't git it, at all!
Joan Jett opened for the band in Canada, bravely- her mother had just passed away. Joan's Mom bought Joan her first electric guitar when she was 13, and Joan dedicated her performance at that night's Aerosmith show she opened to her mother.
Joan's been such a road warrior for decades, she did pave the way for a lot of women to come, and it's pretty crappy she hasn't been nominated for the R&RHOF. Joe Tex? Sounds like Joan Jett, and should have been.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-30-2010 at 12:00 AM..