View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhb View Post
Hello all. I am new to this list-- a pretty big fan of Buckingham's music, decent fan of Fleetwood Mac, etc.

I was sent a copy of Storms to review for a website--

One interesting note, which may or may not affect her credibility-- in the advance copy of the book, at the end of the scene at Claptons where they're playing darts (p. 70), there's another line where Harris says "You'll shoot your eye out" and makes a reference to the movie A Christmas Story. Of course, a fact checker must have caught that it was impossible, as the movie didn't exist at the time! She also refers to Buckingham being in the Save Me video, which she designed costumes for-- but of course that was a couple years after he left the band.

Cheers-
Welcome to the Ledge!! jhb!!

I enjoyed reading your comments. Is the website review of yours still on line? If so, would you mind sharing the link? I am always interested in a different perspective. Or you could send me a Private Message to the link...

I don't know what's true or not true in this book. I did get the pre-order from Amazon. I will say that the book isn't well written (IMO) but then again I am an old high school English teacher ...

Maybe writing the book was closure/therapy for her? I found the foreward to be interesting... Why were these people encouraging and supporting her in this endeavor?

The pictures are a disappointment and the writing is "too on the martyr side" for me. I haven't finished the book yet so this is just an opinion from someone who is only 1/4 of the way through the book. Maybe I'll change my mind.

See You Around the Ledge jhb!