View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
He (Mick) always got more money than the other members of the band from Clifford Davis/Adams, saying it was because he had children and they didn't. Have you forgotten that?
Could you elaborate on this please Wendy ?

Mick surely didn't get any songwriting royalties (unless some exceptionally democratic special arrangemet was made **)He surely wouldn't have got a higher percentage than the others from record sales ,as royalties from these would be split equally and if they werent it would be very dodgy So was it the money from touring ? And I would say ,that seeing as McVie and Fleetwood were not composers, they would have earned far less money than the other members of the band -the songwriters (unless ,as I said, some exceptional arrangement was made )and therefore may have had a valid case that they needed more money ?

** I read somewherr that Brian Epstien arranged for George Harrison and Ringo Starr to Split 5% of Lennon and McCarney's 40% when they made the original deal with Northern songs (just to be clear independent of Harrison's own songwriting)

Last edited by THD; 04-03-2014 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: spolling