View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
but on a slightly more serious note - if you consider this: universal put out a VERY limited 19-cd (!!!) box set with the complete recordings by sandy denny (who never was a big seller at all, if you think in mainstream dimensions), for a princely price, though. and guess what: it sold out! this shows that there ARE ways . . . if there's a will, that is! and then they might call it whatever they like - volume 3, maybe.
Tell me about it, I missed out on the original 200 price tag on that and now it's going for 1000 used/2000 new. The downside of "limited edition" releasing I guess. Hopefully the jewel case version of that will come out soon though (doubt it with the truncated "Notes & The Words" box being the answer to such speculations so far) but don't know if even the biggest jewel case will hold 19 discs! As long as the contents of the original box are still present I actually don't mind those jewel case reissues because they are sturdier and easier to file. The reissue of her "Who Knows Where The Time Goes" box set was a good example of the reissue being "better" than the original IMHO anyway due to those reasons.

At least we're all good here about letting each other know about upcoming releases though so I'm sure we'd all snap BH Story Part...whatever before it got to that stage for any of us.

John