View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Buck
Nicks does have a family to take care of, though. Do you think she’d run the annual Arizona heart benefit and charge fans $1000 (WOW!!!!!!!!!) per ticket if she didn’t need some financial help? She’d just contribute her money (if she had a lot) to it to help the world AND her pa, more like generous upstart singer Clay Aiken is doing.

Nicks' beloved father’s been ailing for 30 years. The costs add up. Her ma’s elderly. Her brother is out of work whom she’s supporting (last job I heard he had he sold T-shirts at Buckingham’s OUT OF THE CRADLE TOUR), is married and has a family, and Nicks is putting a niece through college. And her cocaine habit, the one that bankrupted Mick Fleetwood, had left her pretty dry.

Both Buckingham’s affluent parents have passed away and left him money. He also makes money up-front with production, as well as song-writing royalties. He saved his money early on, and his investments grew exponentially. And since the documentary was made, the Buckingham’s decided on having another child (that they knew they’d have to put through college and had enough money for) and Buck bought out almost a fourth of the seats in September 2003 of Chicago’s SOUND STAGE at $150/ticket to give away free to fans. Buckingham's still very wealthy and generous!
Whoa. That's all I can say to that post. Whoa. What horse****.

Jess Nicks doesn't need any of his daughters money, he used to own Compton Terrace in AZ. She stopped doing coke in '86, so I don't see how it could've obliterated her fortune. The Arizona Heart Benefit is a way to make a lot of money for a cause. Why not hold an annual benefit to get support for a charity? So, everyone who takes part in a telethon is poor, eh? Sorry, but Clay Aiken doesn't have a tenth of Stevie's steak, doll. I won't even touch her brother because I can't stand him, but it says a lot about her wealth if she can afford to employ her own brother. She's had five albums that have sold at least platinum, two that have gone gold, she's headlined high-grossing tours with the Mac and on her own, she gets a large chunk of money for the Mac albums, she gets songwriting royalties every time a song of hers is played on the radio and every time one is covered by another artist, and she stand to make $20 million from the current tour. She's hurting for money? I think you're hurting for logic.

I can't help but notice the derogatory way in which you speak about Stevie as a woman and a person. It's positively shocking.

Last edited by dissention; 04-16-2004 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: I had more to say regarding the ridiculousness of that post.