View Single Post
Old 08-28-2001, 10:49 PM
Ledgie

Default Hi, everyone!

Okay, I know I'm supposed to compose and submit an entire list, but I'm really short on time. I have just a couple of comments:

I agree with Joe on two points:

1) I would like to see an earlier version of Landslide. Most everyone has seen or owns the Dance version, and if an earlier performance is included, maybe it will introduce some younger (Dance era) fans to the earlier stuff.

2) I would also like to see a performance of Over My Head included. As I said before, I love the outdoor performance where Stevie is harmonizing on the "your mood is like a circus wheel..." part and she's making her fingers go round and round. I have very few brain cells intact anymore, so I'm not sure where that footage is from - Rosebud?? Can anyone help? Is it on the vault list?

Now I'd like to disagree with Joe a bit (sorry, buddy! ) - I'd like to see the Love Shines video included...it may not be the BEST or most professionally shot video I've ever seen, but I get a really happy vibe from it; Christine looks so happy, and there's lots of dancing and stuff...it just gives me the warm fuzzies, kind of like the Seven Wonders video does.

I'd also STILL like to see the LA live performance of Love in Store included - it's a great performance. I don't think anyone answered my question from before about whether a video was made for that song, since it was a single from Mirage (and Gypsy and Hold Me both had videos), but I don't believe it did have a "concept" video. It was a fairly big hit, though, at least in MY neck of the woods - and it charted pretty well, I think...if memory serves, I think it reached #19?

One more thought: I see on the vault list this entry: 20th Grammy Awards '78 (03:30). I'm assuming that this is whatever song the group performed on the Grammy awards show, but does anyone know what song it was? I'm thinking it may have been Dreams, since that was the biggest single from Rumours, but I truly don't know. I was just thinking that whatever song it is, if it is a song already listed on the Best Of compilation list, that maybe the Grammy performance could be a cool substitution. Thoughts? Also, it would be cool if this was included, to also show FM winning the Album of the Year award, and their acceptance, if that footage is available.

If anyone could answer the few questions I have regarding 1)the Over My Head performance I'm talking about, and if it was from the Rosebud video or from somewhere else, and 2)what song was performed at the '78 Grammy's, then I may try to compose and submit a list.

Thanks in advance, guys!
Lori