View Single Post
Old 08-28-2001, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see it on the vault list (maybe its just titled something cryptic), but I KNOW there's footage of the "Mystery To Me" lineup on Midnight Special in 1973. When VH1 was showing reruns of the program a year or two ago, they'd play BOTH the 1973 ("Believe Me" & "Miles Away") & 1975 ("Why", "Rhiannon", "World Turning", "Over My Head") episodes.

I see "World Turning" is already on the list, but I think one of the tunes from the 1973 appearance would be appropriate for the DVD.

I think the Midnight Special performance of "Rhiannon" is far superior to the Rosebud film version.

Also, "I Loved Another Woman" from the "Tango" video would give Rick Vito a spot on the DVD AND would also cover bases for a Peter Green tune...Rick's intro of the song DOES "dedicate" the song to Peter Green. But in saying that, maybe to open the DVD with a performance of the original+Danny lineup playing "Oh Well" would be appropriate.

Again, like John (wetcamelfood) has mentioned, I think that there should be SOME inclusion of material by as many members as possible. We can't let Bob Welch be ignored on this DVD; the band already snubbed him from being inducted into the R&RHoF, let's not make the same mistake.

Ok, Les, I want to be clear on the concept here. This is just to fine tune WHAT will be on the DVD, the actual running order of the DVD will be decided at another time? Right?