View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Stevie's failure to participate in a final album cemented her status as a incredibly sad, pathetic, tragic figure. It's an enormous shame. She's essentially the Norma Desmond of rock...a once-spectacular artist who willfully foregoes her own dignity for the sake of a thoroughly worthless ego. But Norma Desmond would have at least participated in a final album. As great as Buckingham McVie is, any honest fan must admit those songs would have been completely out of this world with all three voices singing them.

But it's much more important for Stevie to stare at a mirror in her big house, singing "Cheaper Than Free" to herself, profoundly and wretchedly alone.
Agreed. What made me love BuckVie was FM. If it weren't for FM we wouldn't have BuckVie today. I love them all, and it's sad to see something that once was so spectacular, being torn apart by one member. I'm sure the other 4 must feel the same (especially Lindsey) but can't of course say it.

I hope she doesn't regret it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.