View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well, I don't know who the you in your post is, but I was having fun with this choice of Lindsey. Ofcourse it can be a surprise. I just see some conflict in how he likes to describe himself and the choices of big CMT-names to cooperate with.

BTW, you'll all know that he can't do much wrong in my book, but if he makes choices that wouldn't be mine I just like to overstretch that too.
Nobody in particular. Just a general "you". I should have clarified that, but it really didn't occur to me.

I don't know how the duet choices come about. But if I had to guess, I'd say the team putting on the show scopes out their label and management contacts and pick up some preliminary OKs from artists willing to participate. Then, with that list... it's probably stressful to try to set out who is going to do what duet with whom. Obviously, some styles just will absolutely not work together, and some others will come together easily. Carrie's a vocalist with a range that can suit Lindsey's music as well and she doesn't play an instrument to speak of, so, when you aren't considering their different audiences, ages, or whatever, it's an okay fit with a guy like Lindsey, who, right now, is showing off his use of "busy" guitar parts. They'll probably have, what, one day to practice with each other? So choosing the duet isn't a task I'd want.

I think they said on the CMT thing that there was only one day of practice with LB & LBT. And didn't Lindsey say that where-ever it was.. some dude's house.. he could sit there and play like that forever? When it comes down to it, these days, Lindsey is showing himself off more and more as a folk musician, and tbh, that's not that far from country. I think it'll work out just fine. I loved the LBT harmonies on Not Too Late. Maybe Carrie will be adding something like that to one of Lindsey's pieces. Maybe even the type of harmony that Stevie did on the late show performance of Big Love back in the day.

(p.s. every time i think of that particular big love performance, for the next little while, every time i hear the song i can still hear her doing those parts.)