View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will officially guess that they'll do GYOW. It'd be cool if they did something else, but I just don't see it. Unless they do one of her songs and he just plays and sings back up.

And I'd like to add that I actually enjoyed the CMT Crossroads performance. The people in Little Big Town were totally stoked and giving mad props to Lindsey's genius, and he seemed excited to play with them. The performances were lively and energetic... I didn't see anything wrong with the show at all.

I think it's good for the man to get a little exposure without FM and show off his skills to new audiences. Are they gonna rush out and buy his disc? Probably not.

As far as Carrie Underwood goes... I don't care for her music, because I'm not into country, but freaking A. Give the girl a break. Her album is the biggest selling country debut ever, and as far as sales and marketing go, she's the bigger ticket in this duet at this point in time. She'll probably have more viewers tuning in to check out her performance with Lindsey than Lindsey will have tuning in to check out his performance with her. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things... but crucifying people just because they dare to work with Lindsey is ridiculous and uncalled for. You haven't even heard the damn thing yet and you're already acting like it sucked and was a total abomination in the name of Fleetwood Mac.

I, for one, hope it kicks ass. I have faith that Lindsey wouldn't do it if it sucked.

Last edited by Sarah; 08-28-2007 at 11:06 AM..