View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Wrong

As I pointed out earlier, Stevie came back yet again to FM, perhaps out of love and loyalty, when she clearly did not have to come back because at that time or any other time, save 1997, because she was one of the most popular rock stars in the world and could have continued down that line - after all TOTSTM sold over a million records and had a hit single. Yet, she came back. She put up with the same FM BS LB put up with (I mean they were all guitly of it). Then, she went on tour despite it all. So, I think Stevie has the upper hand here
You've been listening to Stevie too much, strand. She always did like to emphasize the sacrifice angle, whether about Fleetwood Mac or about her own career or about children & husband & lifestyle & all that, blah blah blah. Maybe she stuck with Fleetwood because she loved the excitement of such a huge band (which seems likely) or because she wanted to help her friend Mick earn some money or for some other reason. Regardless of the reason, it wasn't a sacrifice. She didn't give up a solo career; she had a lovely solo career simultaneously. Fleetwood Mac, after about 1980, didn't prove to be much of a time suck for Stevie: a couple of weeks spent laying down some vocals & then off she went, usually until a tour started. And Fleetwood didn't do a huge trek until 1990, by which time her solo career had most definitely waned (as had Fleetwood Mac's standing).

Personally, I don't like to hear any of them talk about their "sacrifices" in regards to participating in a megaband rolling in fame & fortune year after year. If that's a "sacrifice," nail me up.

moviekinks.blogspot.com