Thread: Pet thread?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
-Don't read the following, if you can't take "nasty health related stuff"-
Well(in the too much info dept), when they did his mandibilectomy(one year! ago now[he was initially given 6-9 months to live - we're entering month 23!!!! today]), they told me that he might eventually have to have his saliva gland removed(on the side of the mandibilectomy, as it wouldn't be able to properly "discharge"). Anyway, he IS having THICK mucus-sy slobber problems lately. AND, when he does throw up, the food is usually covered in this hard, rubbery mucus(this is not just slobber, it's.......rubber-y). I think that's the problem with throwing up. But the vet thinks that if his saliva gland was the problem, there'd be a lump in his neck, where it was "backing up".
So, they past couple of days, I'm walking around with a pocket full of Kleenex's. Anytime a thick slobber starts hanging out, I grab a Kleenex, and "roll" this thick, heavy, rubbery stuff onto the Kleenex. Gross? Yes.
Anyway, that's my theory on why he's throwing up, and he kept this food down tonight(that I'd cleaned enough of this crap out of there- knocking on coffee table now). I hope I'm right.
good luck & my heart is w/ you & cash, reading this made me cry~ i just know how you love him so & wish for him recovery & comfort~ you guys are definitely in my heart!!! ~