View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 03:32 PM

Default Goddamn it 2017

BREAKING NEWS: Linkin Park singer and father-of-six Chester Bennington commits suicide aged 41 on the birthday of his late friend Chris Cornell

Chester Bennington, 41, hanged himself at his Palos Verdes home near Los Angeles on Thursday morning
Law enforcement officials say his body was found shortly before 9am
The Linkin Park frontman had a history of drug and alcohol abuse
Bennington was married to his wife Talinda and is survived by his six children
His suicide came on the day of his late friend Chris Cornell's birthday
He sang for the crowd of mourners at Cornell's funeral after his suicide in May
Linkin Park were in the middle of a tour when news broke of his death

Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide.
The 41-year-old hanged himself in his home in Palos Verdes near Los Angeles on Thursday morning, TMZ reports.
Law enforcement officials say his body was found shortly before 9am.
The Los Angeles County coroner confirmed they were investigating Bennington's death as an apparent suicide but no additional details were available.
The singer had a history of drug and alcohol abuse. He was married and is survived by his six children.

Bennington's suicide came on the day of his late friend Chris Cornell's birthday. The Soundgarden rocker killed himself in May by hanging. Cornell would have turned 53.
Chester, as well as Linkin Park guitarist Brad Delson, had performed Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' for the crowd of mourners at Cornell's funeral, many of whom were moved to tears.
Linkin Park was on tour following the release of the bands latest album One More Light. They had a show at New York's Citi Field scheduled for next week with Blink 182.
Bennington was married to his second wife Talinda Ann Bentley, a former Playboy model, for 12 years. He divorced his first wife Samantha Marie Olit in 2005 after nine years of marriage.
The frontman had been open about his history of substance abuse and admitted in one interview in 2011 that he had once been a 'full blown, raging alcoholic'.
He admitted to smoking pot after his parents divorced when he was 11. The drug use then spiraled into cocaine and meth.
Bennington had also previously spoken out about being sexually abused as a seven-year-old, saying he had been molested by an older male friend.
'If I think back to when I was really young, to when I was being molested, to when all these horrible things were going on around me, I shudder,' he said in one interview.

He said he went to rehab for his drug and alcohol addiction after marrying his second wife and really began to change in 2007.
In a 2011 interview, he said he was sober.
'I don't drink. I choose to be sober now. I have drunk over the last six years, but I just don't want to be that person anymore.
Linkin Park's sixth and latest album, One More Light, jumped to the top of the Billboard chart when it was released in May.
The Grammy Award-winning group sold 10 million copies of their 2000 debut Hybrid Theory, and then another 4 million with 2003's multiplatinum Meteora. Both albums explored feelings of frustration and fury.
They famously collaborated with JAY-Z in 2004 for Collision Course.
They won Grammys for best hard rock performance in 2001 for Crawling and best rap/sung collaboration for Numb/Encore in 2005.

Bennington formed his own band, Dead by Sunrise, as a side project in 2005.
He was also the lead vocalist for Stone Temple Pilots from 2013 to 2015.
When he got his big break in 1999, Bennington was an assistant at a digital-services firm in Phoenix. A music executive sent him a demo from the band Xero, who needed a lead singer.
Bennington wrote and recorded new vocals over the band's playing and sent the results back. He soon got the gig and the band then changed its named to Hybrid Theory, then Linkin Park.
He told The Associated Press in 2010 that because of the sound the band is known for, it's virtually impossible to satisfy their many kinds of fans.
'We're making music for us, that we like. We're not making music for other people,' he said.
'We're not thinking, 'Let's make a pie-graph of all our fans and find out how many people fit in whatever category and then make the perfect album for them.' Like, that would be absolutely ridiculous.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4nPEf01cq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook