Thread: MacNuggets
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
MAKING IT IN COMICS WITH A TV ADAPTION OF HEARTHROB: A NYCC INTERVIEW WITH CHRIS SEBELA AND ROBERT WILSON IV
On Hollywood, Fleetwood Mac, and Robert Wilsons I-III.

Tim: What's so dang good about Fleetwood Mac anyway?

Robert: The songwriting, first and foremost.

Chris: I've definitely been obsessed with Fleetwood Mac for several years now, but it's not just the fact that Rumors was the biggest album when it came out. That was the initial inspiration. I liked the idea that we signified the real world by having Rumors be sort of everywhere. That was a thing that became much deeper. One of the things I love about Fleetwood Mac is there's so much interpersonal dynamics behind the scenes. People are sleeping with each other and cheating on each other. People doing drugs. It's like a very weird family. That's what we kind of put together with Heartthrob is giving Callie this very odd family and seeing what happens. People will betray each other.

Robert: There's a lot of repeating themes between the real life Fleetwood Mac story and Heartthrob.

Chris: For sure. I don't know. I just like Fleetwood Mac.

Tim: Did you listen to a lot of Fleetwood Mac when you were drawing?

Robert: Definitely. I tried to soak myself in Rumors specifically, but also stuff from that era. Kind of the stuff that Callie would be listening to. I had Bowie's Low and Heroes both in pretty heavy rotation because they both came out in 1977. A lot of period stuff and a lot of stuff with similar mood.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...wilson-iv.html
Thank you for posting! Just fell down a rabbit hole of articles about this comic series. I think I am going to check it out.