View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 05:34 PM

Alicelover, I hope you are as surprised as I was. I saw them in Los Angeles and Christine sounded a lot better than the youtbube's. And she was smoking the keyboards on the tv screen. The video screens were much better this tour.

Stevie's Gypsy was so bad I was cringing, and then magically she got better as the show how went on. Her GDW was crazy good. (Her dance does look a little contrived and ridiculous, however.).

The band themselves were rocking very intensely. Neil is the only person that was perfectly in tune the whole evening. That guy can really sing. Mike should never sing, but I think Oh Well might be the best version I've ever heard.

And with the exception of Stevie bellowing Black Magic Women, that song blew me away. The band sounded fantastic and seemed to be energized by the new songs.

It was some old staple songs that were still boring. And I did miss Lindsey's style and energy. What I don't miss from LB is processed guitar. Mike is playing the right voicings for most of the songs. He's an excellent guitarist. And as far as I"m concerned, his talents have been wasted on TP and the heartbreaker songs. I see him as a much more progressive talent.