View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I don't know...
If the Destiny Rules documentary is anything to go by, I'm pretty sure that when he is producing his stuff, he's not using computers per se. He was literally still cutting and splicing physical tape. It was surprising to see, but it was obviously the way he felt most comfortable going about the process. And I think there is a nice "craftsmanship" aspect to it. So he might not be equating the old-school physical mixing board dials with virtual settings on a computer software program. (I guess the Fairlight could probably be described as a computer--if he still used it.)
yeah it's hard to know... I'm not sure he does that for everything though...he's quite familiar with ProTools...
and he certainly uses a lot of computers for his stage shows, playing digital tracks of his songs (backing vocals, additional guitar parts etc) and those files have to get made somehow... But maybe he relies on help from others? it *was* interesting to see the pic (was it on his Instagram? elle will know!) of him standing in his home studio with Brett and some other person at the computer and it had the caption of something like preparing for the tour or whatever... I think you're right, analog is something he can do with his eyes closed and he uses it a lot, but he keeps up with the latest tech and makes use of it to his best advantage.