View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
wait a minute that almost sounds like concern for poor Lindsey, too bad Carol Ann wasnt there too see it. That reminds me too when she wrote about Lindsey being messed up at the award show and wishing someone would help him. Now we see the footage; there is Stevie stopping him from tripping over his own feet and holding him up
And in the limo Conversations tapes, the band doesn't seem freaked out about how much money they will lose if they have to cancel the shows due to Lindsey's illness. They just say that it would be a miracle if he can make it. Stevie seems wary about anything having to do with spine or back surgery, like she's thinking about possible paralysis -- maybe even a little afraid about the procedure Lindsey has to undergo. Christine asks Mick if she can say that Lindsey has a slight case of epilepsy and Mick says no, she can't. So, Chris was worried about what they were going to tell the press, if they asked, but none of them seemed to be complaining about shows possibly having to be cancelled.

I think Storms was intended to give negative impressions in places and also to absolve Carol in others. For instance, for years before that book came out, the rumor circulated that Christine had come home and found Carol and Dennis together in bed. I think Carol was addresssing that rumor when she said that Dennis lied about having slept with her -- and Lindsey believed her when she said she didn't too. I found that interesting and not particularly credible.

Still, I enjoy some of the small anecdotes immensely. Like when she said that Stevie thought it significant that she and Carol shared the same birthday. Clearly Stevie was implying that Lindsey was attracted to Carol because she possessed some of Stevie's personality traits. Carol deftly pointed out that John Wayne also had the same birthday -- which shut Stevie up entirely. I laughed for 10 minutes straight trying to envision that scene in my head.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 06-01-2011 at 12:16 PM..