View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
I don't remember if it was the 1st or 2nd leg of this tour, but it interestingly began with 'In the Back of My Mind'.

The was a huge curtain in front of the stage, and song began playing with the weird sound effects and all, as it is on the album. Then as the band got into place onstage, the curtain was suddenly and dramatically lifted, and they started singing, "Well I try and I try... you can't forget her...'
I recall this being one of my favorite moments of the show. It worked better at the Jones Beach show I saw, first N America leg the tour- maybe because it was an amphitheater. When I saw the Madison Square Garden stop, months later, second leg, it didn't work quite as well. I think because I had already seen it, or maybe because the venue was configured different and the sound wasn't as good. Anyway, I recall at Jones Beach the crowd going wild when the curtain rolled up revealing the band playing. Lindsey-less, I'd say a large number of the crowd were Chiffonheads, ecstatic to see Stevie.