View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 10:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

It might be completely naive of me, but mentally I haven't completely closed the door to BuckVie 2 being a possibility. I know there's the whole issue of the lawsuit, and the machinations of that will likely be the determining factor in Lindsey's relationship with the individual members of the band from here on out. But part of me wonders if Chris doesn't feel just a wee bit guilty about how everything played out and sympathetic to her old friend. Of course, if the stories are true about her feelings/actions toward Bob Welch after he sued the band, then maybe this is all a pipe dream.

My working theory, however, is that Chris feels guilty, didn't assert herself with regards to "the band's" decision to fire Lindsey (or successfully so), realizes she has a card to play in all this, which is to collaborate with Lindsey again for BuckVie 2. But this time, Mick and John aren't involved, and there's likely no supporting tour (given her age, potential other commitments to Fleetwood Mac going forward, etc.)

Yes, I realize this is very unlikely to happen (for one thing, if Fleetwood Mac goes to the mats fighting this lawsuit, it could be years before Lindsey and Christine are no longer opposing parties in an ongoing lawsuit), but it's my "Best Case Scenario" for where things stand currently and where I (as a pathetically optimistic fan of these insane people) hope they go.