Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Dianne Williamson
Today's column made me laugh.

I didn't do more than chuckle as she made her way through the obligatory homage to the generation gap and the differences in the music. But when she held up Stevie Nicks as the example of the older generation's music being "better" I just laughed out loud...

In my view, Stevie Nicks has a vocal range of about a half an octave. Don't get me wrong, though... as an old fart, I've grown to like various Fleetwood Mac tunes more and more. But Stevie Nicks was never anything more than a pretty face...

Way back when, in those salad days of mine, when I first saw a film of Fleetwood Mac, all I saw was a hot looking babe fronting a band... the music was merely the scenery behind this highly desired sex object on the screen. Nothing has changed in the music business, and Taylor Swift now occupies that place where performers like Stevie Nicks once stood.

Pairing those two off at the Grammy Awards was, essentially, spot on.

She also posted some lyrics from The Who, and compared them to some lyrics to a Taylor Swift song... But there it is again. Roger Daltry? Once upon a time, Roger could do a fantastic, ear-piercing scream (as in "Won't Get Fooled Again").

But it wasn't the music that made the girls in the audience go wild.

I mean, even Frank Sinatra was a sex object during his heyday.

Heh... even Rudy Vallee!

http://www.wormtowntaxi.com/2010/02/...illiamson.html