View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post
After this I'll stop bugging you but thank you for sending me the MP3's and the info on Bekka and Billy. I have a newfound respect for them, esp Bekka.
Don't worry, you're not bugging me. I LOVE talking about my favorite artists and Billy and Bekka and pretty high on my list. I'm also thrilled whenever I can turn someone on to their music.

Quote:
Not to slam Billy, but Bekka stands out more to me. Wow that woman can sing. I love Stevie and Chris, but Bekka sings just as good as they do IMO. Her voice is so rich and soulful. Yet she doesn't get a lot of respect for being a female vocalist in FM.
I've always preferred male singing voices, so that's part of the reason why I like Billy more than Bekka. He's also a very gifted songwriter which is a big plus in my book. But Bekka is incredible. Another album I suggest looking into - if you like the blues at all - is Jonny Lang's Wander This World. Bekka did backing vocals on several tracks (she also did them for the title track of Lang's debut album Lie to Me) and she sounds amazing.