View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Vicky,

After this I'll stop bugging you but thank you for sending me the MP3's and the info on Bekka and Billy. I have a newfound respect for them, esp Bekka. Not to slam Billy, but Bekka stands out more to me. Wow that woman can sing. I love Stevie and Chris, but Bekka sings just as good as they do IMO. Her voice is so rich and soulful. Yet she doesn't get a lot of respect for being a female vocalist in FM. On one hand I can understand the casual listeners that mostly know the Rumours line-up and not much else, but some people just hear the "Time" line-up and dog the CD (without listening) because Lindsey and Stevie weren't in the group. In the end, I do think it was best they left the band. I personally think they were better on their own. I am glad they eventually realized that.

I listened to the songs and I really enjoyed them. I have always liked Faith Hill (and still do) but Bekka vocals blew her out of the water on "One" and "What's In It For Me." I just prefer the production on Faith versions a little more but overall her vocals fit the songs better than Faith's. On "Bekka and Billy" I liked "Better Days," "Heart to Call Home," and "Patient Heart." I am not a huge country fan, but they sing the type of country I normally would listen to.

Even after listening to B&B tracks I am still not sure my vote is valid. I have had an entire year to develop my admiration for "Buckingham Nicks." I didn't start off loving every single song like I do now. So it would be easy for me to still vote for them even though I also like B&B. Alrighty, I am done my ranting. Anyway, whenever you get the chance send some more MP3's my way.