View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I think the reason they sell well to this day is a few factors. 1) People who have never seen them want to cross them off of their bucket list 2) When a classic rock band comes to town people will likely go just because it is a night out and maybe they haven't seen them live in a while 3) Rabid fans of SN or the band as a whole simply have to be there no matter what. Those types will defend the set list and the tours with such passion because they really like the band and or a certain member.

On social media though lots of people say the band sounds fresh etc but I don't see anyone can say that and actually believe it. Playing mostly the same old tired songs yet again does not make them fresh just because you have new members.
I used to consider myself a die hard fan until I joined the Ledge- now I think I must just be a casual fan, because I don't know the names of all the family members of Stevie, Lindsey, etc. I've attended 5 FM shows in my life- BTM, Dance, SYW, Hits, and this one, and I went because I was curious how they would sound and because I thought the set list sounded promising, and I was not disappointed. Best FM show I've ever been to. I don't go to every FM tour, I purposely skipped Shake the Cage, Time, the EP, and On With the Show, so I don't have to see every FM tour.

You can believe me when I say they sounded fresh, because in my opinion they did. They sounded tight and fantastic, especially musically. Vocally, Christine not so much, but I didn't care. Seeing them perform songs I'd never seen them perform before was fantastic, and they were clearly inspired by the new members and the set list.

I am not somebody who would say the concert was good if I didn't like it. And I loved it! I would have seen them again in a heartbeat, and I've never had the desire to see a show twice in one tour before. Not even FM.