View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've rewatched some of my all-time favorite movies in the last two or so weeks:

Stardust Memories: Probably my favorite film of all time, even if just for one scene of the entire movie.
8 1/2: I don't think a lot of people would argue that this is the best film to ever come out of Italy.
An Education: Awesome movie. It might still be in theaters, although you'd have to really look... only our local CineArts played it.
Dead Poet's Society: The writer in me dies a little bit every time I watch this movie. Why is this not my life? Why can't I walk around my school quoting Tennyson all the time? Oh wait, I do.... its just that I get laughed at.
Doubt: We actually watched this in my Christian Vocations class last week, even though I've seen in multiple times before that. My teacher's intention in showing the film was definitely not pro-Catholic, so a nice little classroom "debate" erupted afterward. Meryl Streep is perfect.
The English Patient: Not one of my favorites by a long shot, but I did watch this after reading the book.... in comparison to how unbelievably perfect the novel is, the movie was disappointing. So if you like the movie, READ THE BOOK.