View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
Ok, some of my unpopular Stevie "things" Please remember that I am older than most of you and I remember when she truely started out, with that in mind...
- I don't buy the "I was a sweet girl and had never drank before FM", -I do buy that Christine taught her how to drink- English style- snifters of brandy and some lovely wines...
-Oh yeah...the coke deal...C'mon, even if everyone was doing it-somewhere in your mind you HAD to know it would come to no good end-
Same as cigarette's-same as the "life in the fast lane, sex and parties", same as the kloponin, same as the clothes and furniture that you shop for compulsively.....etc. etc.
-Stevie, my sweet you have an addictive personality-and you do EVERYTHING in your life to an extreme.. (I know, cuz I do too)
-Another unpopular opinion that I have is not that she didn't have children because of her love of music and her "art and craft" (the whole, I wouldn't have given myself totally to a child or children...please )
I think it is more along the lines of when she was in her 30's going through so much drama, and turmoil, ( I give the woman credit-she did have some very difficult times emotionally to struggle through), she realized during those phases of her life---that , you know what ?
I am really all about me, (The Stevie Nicks/Rock and Roll Priestess ,the charachter she plays) and I want to be remembered for that. (I am not saying this in a nasty or disparaging way-I just think this is how she felt) I do not want to be remembered for being Stephanie Buckingham or Fleetwood, Anderson, or Iovine, or Walsh or...whatever, __________fill in the blank.

I don't have the time/patience/desire to have children-simple as that, but I feel she needs to make it seem more of a selflless act as opposed to a selfish one. She makes it sound like it has been such a sacrifice..that bugs me.

-There are some songs that make me think"-What the hell was she thinking when she made this?" and others that I can listen to all day long.
Lastly, let me say that besides watching the Dance version of Silver Springs,where the emotions are just flying right out of her eyes and body movement- The love and anger are so apparent, I am always in awe of that performance.
- I feel her most emotional and heart felt song is "When I see You Again" I know 8 out of 10 people hate this song!
Everyone needs to listen to that song more closely...It is hauntingly sad ....(her voice is shot at this pont too, but that doesn't matter-either does the way too, too many repeats of "whatsamatter baby"matter - What matters is that she is so vunerable, afraid and desperate, so frightened and so raw...
Remember, this song was written while she was at Betty Ford, thinking that when she came out maybe she would be a different person, lose her creative side, not be able to cope without being high, that Lindsey wouldn't be her best friend anymore~~that a part of her was going to disappear...what would her whole world be like?
She opens up on that song more than anyother and it bothers me that people dismiss it because she is so hoarse, and pleading.., you are missing the point
-I love that she sings "When I see you again" and Lindsey's response at the end of the song is "If I see you again" Plus his acoustic guitar at the end is also hauntingly faint...
( I also read somewhere that she tricked him into the vocals on that song, not realizing he was the only one singing back to her, but when it was finished the band agreed that is how it should stay-
Just the two of them---- Again and again,over and over...

Enough of my rambling-I hope someone here sees the same Stevie Nicks that I think, she wants us all to see

Always the curious/opinionated~~
~~eclipse
But what's your real opinion of Stevie? lol Seriously, I'm near your age as well and I know the 1970's era Stevie. I agree with most of your comments. Quite the party girl in the old days and destined to go down in flames like Joplin. She has said so herself. We're all sure glad it didn't end that way.