View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse

I feel her most emotional and heart felt song is "When I see You Again" I know 8 out of 10 people hate this song!
Everyone needs to listen to that song more closely...It is hauntingly sad ....(her voice is shot at this pont too, but that doesn't matter-either does the way too, too many repeats of "whatsamatter baby"matter - What matters is that she is so vunerable, afraid and desperate, so frightened and so raw...
Remember, this song was written while she was at Betty Ford, thinking that when she came out maybe she would be a different person, lose her creative side, not be able to cope without being high, that Lindsey wouldn't be her best friend anymore~~that a part of her was going to disappear...what would her whole world be like?
She opens up on that song more than anyother and it bothers me that people dismiss it because she is so hoarse, and pleading.., you are missing the point
Her hoarseness and pleading is what makes the song perfect I think. It makes the song more 'real'. It sounds like she's dying inside as she sings it. Why would you (in the general sense) want her to be singing in a 'pretty' voice?

I think your dissection of this song is spot on