View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I was just listening the album in my car. What impresses me most upon hear it now is how well it was recorded. I too believe more tracks needed to be written by Christine alone. The weakest part of the record (for me) are the three tracks that are sandwhiched between Got a Hold on Me and Smile I Live For.

One in a Million STILL thrills me when I hear it. Smile I Live For was the last track written and, presumably, the last recorded. According to Chris, she wrote it in Switzerland. It’s such a fantastic song—and it reminds me in mood and tempo of Carnival Begin.
The Smile I Live For is an amazing song. Its a song that Christine wrote around the title. I forget who but some woman close to Christine was talking about her significant other and there was a picture of him. The woman exclaimed "that is the smile I live for." Christine loved the phrase and asked the woman if she could use it in a song. Then Christine wrote a song around the phrase. Pretty cool stuff. Lindsey on guitar on the song is incredible too!!!!