View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Stevie was the instigator, Mick was the enforcer, John was the mindless follower, Chris was the passive enabler... they all participated in this.

ETA: I daresay lawyers told them to avoid talking to Lindsey, but it's still awful.
I love this description. 100% accurate.

Yes, that's my guess too. Lawyers. It wouldn't be FM without lawyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
They were both antagonistic to each other but I think Lindsey wasn't as negative about it in his mindframe of the whole 'willing to live through the bad stuff to achieve your inner purpose' thing.
There's also the fact that he's old, he's been in that band for the majority of his adult life, put a hell of a lot of work into it, has his whole musical legacy tied up in there and so what's happened is probably a disaster/very emotionally traumatizing.
Yes, I totally understand he spent most of his life with this people and he's indeed hurt because, unlike them, he has feelings. That's why I can't understand him, and no matter if they welcome him with open arms, it will never be the same.

And if it is, then it wasn't as bad as they made us believe in the first place.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.