View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 08:11 AM

I actually like their crude Mirage Tour performances, especially Dreams that is exactly half between the sound of the Bella Donna and Wild Heart Tour performances; the only Dreams performances I like the least are some from the Tusk Tour.

This particular venue is sloppier than others because of the technical problems that in fact were present also the subsequent year, and because the band was performing in a pretty tight schedule.
I remember an interesting interview with Steve Wozniac saying that Fleetwood Mac did just like David Bowie in the 1983 edition, they initially were hesitant to attend because they would have had to sandwich their performance between two close dates of their tour and it would have been difficult to transport them and all the necessary staff and equipment to San Bernardino and then back onto another state in time; ultimately Wozniac offered 2 Millions to convince them and they ended up rescheduling their dates, if I remember well they supposedly arrived with special aircraft, performed and then left again all just in the nick of time and without sleeping anytime in between; apparently it was a pretty nice anecdote but it wasn't so well known because it's been overshadowed by that of Bowie's 3 millions performance of the year after.

However the soundboard audio of these performances is not unreleased, it's actually been circulating for some time and I had posted it here, with the exception of the last two songs that are from an audience recording: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...89#post1173189

Finally, I'm sure the official release will happen because from what I know everything's ready and the director that handles everything is pretty known and serious, from the last communication I've read basically some artists' representants are playing bidding games.