View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 04:46 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

Some of the best changes in Stevie's songs, I feel, are definitely her live versions of some her classics. She obviously seems to have really grown into them.

"Gold Dust Woman", which she has used to open most of her shows on her solo tours back in the days, never has sounded so good. A fact that may have nothing to do with the actual sound of her voice, but everything to do with how she is presenting the story of this song. She sings this song like she means it. It takes on a new life everytime she presents to us on various tours.

She has taken us there with very Yin and Yang of the story. The good, the bad and the ugly that comes with the rock 'n' roll lifestyle. Stevie may, in the end, be writing the book on this very thought and with "Gold Dust Woman" being its theme song. She has been the very woman and has also been the dragon that consumed her!

(One of my favorite versions of "Gold Dust Woman" is from the tour for "Tango In The Night"; the intro was amazing even before she sang a note!)

"Rhiannon" as well proves that her story is no less compelling when sung earthbound as apposed to it being sung 100 feet up in the sky! I really love its music box quality as of late.

She sings her live material like a woman who knows.

As for some interesting changes. Since I really love Stevie's speaking voice, I love it when she is barely singing but actually talking on her songs i.e.; "Seven Wonders", "Stand By Me", "Battle Of The Dragon", "Everybody Finds Out", "Illume", "Destiny Rules", "One More Big Time Rock 'n' Roll Star"

She is one of the few singers that can pull this off so effectively and make it sound so compelling; leaving you hanging on every word.

Life, Love, and Magick~
Moon Brother

Last edited by Moon Brother; 06-05-2003 at 04:48 AM..