Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Megan Joy Is Sparking Filmmakers’ Interest

Though she made her mark on the world’s most-watched singing competition, American Idol’s Megan Joy may not be headed for the recording studio, but rather the silver screen.

The sultry, single mom with the sexy voice caught everyone’s attention during Idol’s eighth season. Immediately after her departure from the show, the internet was ablaze with the rumor that Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks had noticed Megan and wanted to anoint her to play her part in an upcoming biopic about the supergroup. (Nicks, the week before, made her thoughts crystal clear on Lindsay Lohan’s interest in the role. “Over my dead body,” the one-time queen of rock said of Lohan’s possible involvement.)

Stevie Nicks, though, isn’t the only one who has noticed Megan Joy. “From what I’ve seen, Megan doesn’t have a bad angle,” says Phoenix, Arizona indie filmmaker Jane Bell. “We’d love to work with her. I’d go so far as to say we would develop a project with her in mind. She’s stunning.”

“It’s funny. I’d never watched Idol until this season,” Bell said. “A friend called me and said ‘you’ve got to see this girl.’ As soon as we began watching her, we were hooked. So many possibilities there.”

Regarding Megan’s sleeve tattoo, Bell responded, ”To get her going in something like a festival short, we’d write the tattoo into the story, just to get her in a film, so she could get her acting feet wet. She simply has too much presence, almost a Grace Kelly kind of thing. You can’t help but gape at her.”

“We’ve tried to contact Megan,” Bell continued, “through one of her fan websites that stated they had a direct line to her, but to no avail. I know she has a myspace now. So we’ll wait until she’s off the tour, and depending on what happens with the Fleetwood Mac thing, we’ll try to get together with her in the fall. But, who knows, we might be competing with Cover Girl and L’Oreal, she’s that good-looking.”

http://www.moopaclub.com/actionmovie...kers-interest/