View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 12:00 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Totally agree.

They should've ditched the embarrassment that was "Empire State" for "Smile At You" on Mirage, and on Tango should've replaced "Family Man" with (don't kill me!) the quirky yet catchy "Ricky".
Yesss, "Empire State" doesn't belong on Mirage, and I've posted that in numerous threads. ;-) However, "Goodbye Angel" would make more sense on there, though "Smile At You" would be acceptable. I could see "Family Man" being replaced with "Down Endless Street."

As for my own contributions to this, Time is underrated. I said it! "These Strange Times" should have found itself on a B-side, though I believe "Do It All Over Again" would not be a good finishing song. Bekka's songs easily would fit on the country charts of the decade (and even now). "Love Shines" and "Heart of Stone" would've made it even better.

Random thought: the band should've proposed to Christine that they record in England so she wouldn't have to fly during the Say You Will sessions. I am curious what greatness we missed, especially if it never was considered.