Thread: TISL Acetate
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
On the Sorcerer outtake, really? I'll have to go back and listen; it's been a long time. That description sounds more like the Candlebright outtake.
Yup, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "rough mix" of Candlebright. I should know, I listen to that version quite a bit. I prefer it over the album version. The vocals are much brighter, you can really hear all the nice harmony parts (yes, including Sheryl's) more prominently. And the "noticeable difference" of the electric sitar-esque part midway through each verse that sorcerer999 references, is my favorite part, as well as the additional ad-libbing at the end that was all edited out of the final version. These differences in the mix, add such dark textures and a mysterious air to the song. I dig it.

For additional confusion, this raw & rough mix is sometimes referred to as the "candles & incense" version. Whoever came up with that title nailed it perfectly It describes what I feel when I play this "rough mix". It sets the mood for me to turn off all the lights, lay on the floor in near darkness, with nothing more that a beeswax candle burning and nag champa filling the air.