View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My first reaction was to glance at my calendar to make sure it's not April Fools' Day yet.

I definitely think that Sheryl's inclusion has much to do with Stevie wanting another female around.

I like Sheryl. My first hesitation about her joining is the backlog of songs & its effect on shows. Stevie & Lindsey have added their solo songs into the Mac set; I suspect that Sheryl will want to add at least one of hers in as well. And as a result, great old Mac songs will never see the light of a concert setting.
My other hesitation is that the press/reviewers are usually kinder to Sheryl than to the Mac, & I expect they'll broadcast that Sheryl is the savior of a dinosaur band, breathing new life into old careers. If the press will be fair & treat Sheryl as merely one more talent in a band that has had a great number of talents going back to 1967, then I'll be happy.

On the bright side, we know from TISL that Sheryl has encouraged Stevie to revisit some of her old unreleased stuff, so maybe there's hope for some of our favorites. And if they do work together on new stuff, I'm hopeful yet again; I love "You're Not the One".

- Jake