View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Yes! It appears the writer is a FM / LB fan and his idealism about the music vs the realism of the business became conflicted and he went into the show with a preconceived bias based on the prior statement Lindsey had provided him. I am sure that quote informed all that his ears heard and eyes saw.

That said this particular review has been reposted 3 times in this short thread even though 5 of the 7 media reviews have been positive, one middle of the road, and this one take down piece.

That said, i had no intrest in seeing these shows because of much of what was written. But let's please not act like that FM is some lone capitalistic sellout in the music business. They gave a professional show, they played 20 hits and played them well. It is just not my cup of tea.
i don't know. a hardcore fan would NEVER think that festival cashgrab show would be "for fans" like this guy seems to believe. so that's where he immediately loses me, as well as behaving all personally insluted by LB for telling him exactly what he will get from their festival show, when they actually delievered greatsst hits set that Lindsey told him will be the case. seriously? what was he thinking, that LB was lying to him?

and if this guy has seen FM shows before, how were Gypsy or Little Lies different or so much worse at this show than on the last FM tour? really? i bet they were about the same!

as you so nicely stated in your last paragraph, unless you've never had a chance to see FM live, the fans like you or i, from the US or parts of Europe where FM tour regularly, have little interest or expectations of a diverse setlist from a stadium-held "festival" show that's done for masses who mainly jsut want to be able to say they've been there and they saw FM and they knew all the songs.

and, this part of the review makes this particular reviewer look kinda pathetic - like he's just complaining because he didn't get his dose of expected fake interactions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
But the true bummer was how unengaged the members were in the music — how little pleasure (or pain) they seemed to be taking in the job at hand. There was no humor or charm, nor any evidence of the group’s mythically complicated chemistry; song after song in the two-hour set simply rolled by
it's a rock conecrt, dude! get over the melodrana of the past, looks like the band [mostly] has!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"