View Single Post
Old 02-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Way cool!! Justin, it must've made you feel good to have Nigel remember you!! You shook Peter's hand?? Was he at all hesitant about doing that? He was pretty adamant about not shaking ANYONE'S hand when he was here in CA last May.

I think that Peter's "here one minute, miles away the next" is a permanent residual of the things he's gone through. After watching "The Osbournes", Peter seems 100x's more lucid than Ozzy does for the most part. To hear that they're new material is the "best yet" is exicitng! The step up from Destiny Road to Time Traders was fantastic, and to think they've gone ANOTHER step up, is awesome (how could they get better than Time Traders???)

That said: I kind of have mixed emotions at reading the set list. In one way, I'm glad that the number of old Fleetwood Mac songs are diminishing, showing that 1) they feel their own material stands up and 2) their own material is being received well; but at the same time, it is sad that the same FMac tunes are being played tour after tour. Granted "Green Manalishi" & "BMW" are at the point of being required in the set, I would like to see them rotate in some other ones every so often, as well. Like the aforementioned "Oh Well", or "Before The Beginning", or "Stop Messin' Round", or "I Loved Another Woman", or "World Keep On Turning", etc. Just shake it up a bit...they've been playing "GM" & "BMW" since the inception of the PGSG. Plus, I would like to see/hear them incorporate some of Peter's 1977-81 material, as well. "One Woman Love", "Little Dreamer", "Crying Won't Get You Back", Peter's version of "Born Under A Bad Sign", "In The Skies", "Just For You", "Apostle", etc.

While I'm on a roll: it's just fantastic that Peter & Nigel both have deep roots in Robert Johnson's blues, but c'mon enough is enough...they've covered everything Robert ever recorded, they've included WAY more in their live set than necessary (5 of the 7 acoustic set tunes are RJ's)...there's a helluva lot more material to draw from than their overkill of Robert Johnson. The Blues Don't Change album is proof of that.

Ok, that's my rant...now after all that, my bottom line is LONG LIVE PETER GREEN & THE PGSG!!!!. Whatever they feel like doing is just FINE with me!! (and the more they play in the states, and southern California in particular, the better!)