View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Here is the Under The Skin tour stories topic. Please share any special moments and all your memories from this tour.

Thank you - can't wait to read the stories because I know very little about this tour. The setlists seem very exciting.
You're very thorough with these!

I saw this tour 3 times. Once at Park West, then the House of Blues in Chicago, and then his final show at Summerfest in Milwaukee. I first began using a digital camera and recording footage during this tour. I was always afraid of getting caught. Security really depended on the venue. The guy at the Park West was a major asshole, however this was the best of the shows. The stage is so low to the ground both band and audience could have walked on and off it, which made it a little surreal. Everyone I talked to at these shows was super nice and very into it. Of course I don't know about the people farther back, all us hardcores tend to be in the front.

The Summerfest show was kind of a drag, however. I had these obnoxious teenagers sitting next to me who had raided their parent's medicine cabinet. Seriously they had an altoid tin filled with all sorts of prescription pills! What happened to good old fashioned underage drinking? Plus some people from behind tried to move up and got into a physical fight with some other people. Security was non-existent and there was a lot of pushing and shoving. I remember having a non-verbal conversation with Brett Tuggle at the time (gesturing). Nobody knew what to do. Somehow it resolved itself, but this is generally why I hate Summerfest. No crowd control. Lindsey also played past curfew, and my waiting friends were not happy! I also remember I had just finished Carol Ann's book and was a little ambivalent about seeing the show. I know she probably exaggerated in her book, but I still found it to be a disturbing read. However, I got over my ambivalence pretty quickly, especially after Lindsey waved at me. I'm way too easy to please.

My favorite picture I took during this tour. I know other fans had some amazing experiences on this tour, so hopefully you'll get some better stories! Like the ones posted while I was typing this out!