View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

We just got both my mother and mother-in-law the Kodak 6330. It too has a 3X optical zoom and 3.2 MP. I got it for them because it's supposed to be the easiest to use.

They are all pretty compact, but Canon has the Elph wich is little more than a really fat credit card! I actually thought it was uncomfortably small in my hand, though. Canon is also supposed to take excellent pictures because they have the best lenses (glass I believe).

I would suggest going to your local Target (or whatever) and getting your hands on whichever ones your looking at. Ultimately I preferred the way the Kodak felt in my hand, because I think the Kodak, Canon, Fuji, and Sony all have similar specs and are highly rated.

And GardenStateGirlie has a good point about memory; buy an extra card! I believe most of these cameras have an internal memory of 16 MB, which is only about 14 photos. So another thing to consider is if your local retailer is throwing in a 64 or 128 MB memory card for the price of the camera. Office Max around here (Philly) has been doing this.

I used my year-old Olympus at the concert and all my photos came out blurry!

Good luck!

Take on the situation but not the torment

Last edited by Sugar; 12-29-2003 at 09:19 PM..