View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

[QUOTE=secondhandchain;1174536]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is just a fun thread to encourage talk and debate about a great album. Thank goodness they did this album. In Mick's My nit picks:
Dreams. IMHO this is the worst live version of Dreams. Stevie is trying way too hard and is all over the place vocally. I think this is because this version was recorded during the Rumours tour when Dreams was the big hit. It just sounds like Stevie is all full of herself and fawning all over the song. Every other version of Dreams both solo and with the Mac is better than this version.

I think his was recorded at SIR soundstage but it says the Paris soundcheck. I'm not quite sure. If it was Paris then (april) then Dreams was not a big hit yet. They added backround vocals for the live album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEi7GPkxfsE
Either way the above is the same version of the live album before sweetening.
The background vocals are a bit odd so that "sweetening" ruined it for me. The Paris sound check was the same week that Dreams was released or the week after. Dreams raced up the charts. It was not the huge HIT it was to become in a month or so but Stevie is still trying too hard singing the song. Maybe its because she was new to singing it live. Listening to this version is like nails down a chalkboard to me