View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Per him, he's not fighting a fight over Rhiannon, he says it was not about the fact the song they played was Rhiannon, it was that a song was played at ALL.

Lindsey was on the call with Azoff, he recalls the point of what Azoff said, so even if he can't be certain the exact words, he is very clear about the POINT Azoff made to him which was that Stevie issued an ultimatum. I will take his word unless and until anyone else on the call comes forward over anyone in this forum, yes.
I don't see any evidence to support that his objection was over the playing of ANY song. Perhaps you can point me to where I am missing that in the article. Either way - my point remains that he is still fighting the fight and expressing his argument which is odd for something that he KNOWS helped lead to his ouster. Isn't that WEIRD?

I agree with you on Irving. I don't dispute that Irving said that. If you believe that what Irving is related to have said represents the entirety of the conversation then that is your right. Seems like a very short version of what probably happened especially with as many people and representatives and promoters would have been involved.

Stevie: It's Him or Me
The band minus Lindsey: Stevie
Irving: Lindsey - stevie said it was you or her and they picked her
Lindsey: bummer

I somehow doubt, given these people (and Stevie's penchant for being wordy), that this represents the entirety of the conversation and that it's far more likely that there was a discussion about it and that there are varying degrees of how the ultimatum was issued. It may very well have been issued in the harshest tone possible. It may also have been issued in a way in which the him or me question was genuine and she was offering to leave if they (the other band members) preferred that outcome. NEITHER OF US WAS THERE and BOTH fit within the words that have been presented to us. Anything beyond that is purely opinion/conjecture on either of our parts.

"My songs don't get recorded unless I know they're really going to be good and I'm really going to like them ...so....but they are, you know, ultimately, slightly looney." -Stevie Nicks