Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Old - but new to some.

I looked (Okay I admit, not too hard, lol) but didn't see this posted anywhere so this is for those who never read it!

From the March 2009 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine

What's Playing in Stevie Nicks' Ear?
By Scott Frampton

Rewind: With 30 million copies sold to date, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours made Stevie Nicks' raspy, quavering alto one of the defining sounds of the '70s.

Fast-Forward: Fleetwood Mac's spring-summer Unleashed tour will spotlight their greatest hits, and a supersized Rumours is out now in a CD-DVD boxed set, with previously unreleased tracks, acoustic demos, and behind-the-scenes footage. "I remember sitting on the studio floor making feather earrings and thinking, 'Oh my God, this album is going to be legendary,'" Nicks says.

Play It Again: Since 2005 Nicks has been transferring three decades' worth of her own mix tapes—ranging from classic rock to hip-hop to R&B—onto iPods and taking them in person to wounded soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and Bethesda Naval Hospital. "I thought, 'What can I do?' The answer was music," she says. "Music changes your life. It can pull you out of where you're at." She talked to O about the sounds that tug at her lately.

Coldplay, Viva la Vida (Capitol): "They have a great guitar tone—the open-tuning chords have a spacey effect, like they're up with the moon and the stars. And Chris Martin's voice gets to me emotionally."

Rihanna, Good Girl Gone Bad (Island): "If I ever met her, I'd call her Rhiannon. I've adored her since she did 'Shut Up and Drive' on Letterman. I thought, 'That girl could be in Fleetwood Mac.' She can do it all."

Snow Patrol, Eyes Open (Interscope): "I relate to their song 'Chasing Cars' [sings]: "Would you lie with me, and just forget the world?' They can take a personal experience and make it universal."

Dixie Chicks, Top of the World Tour: Live (Sony): "Natalie Maines is my favorite person to sing with, ever. I could happily be a part of the Dixie Chicks. Even though they're billed as country artists, they're very rock 'n' roll."

http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/Stevi...#ixzz27GV4AIfV