View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been a bit perplexed by the silence as well. Last night I did some poking around. I had listened to the 911 call on TMZ and formed a couple loose opinions based on that. Then after poking around, I draw my own weak conclusions; that perhaps Tom has been smoking for 45 years and probably developed heart disease. His Stone interview last year sounded a bit pessimistic about the 40 yr tour, which was extended(?) Then when he fell and fractured his hip, he was probably urged to cancel or postpone and go for surgery, but Tom being Tom, wasn’t having it out of sense of obligation and sheer stubbornness. He was in a great deal of pain at the end. I’ve never heard of someone having a heart attack due to pain, but the two conditions together (hip fracture and heart disease) have an extremely high risk for heart attack. I also found an article that said he hadn’t been to a doctor in almost 20 years. Likely he didn’t like what he was being told back then. I think for sheer stubbornness he is no longer with us and I think Stevie may be experiencing some feelings of betrayal that has kept her quiet. I only say this because it might be the way I felt if I had someone I really cared about have something similar happen to them.