View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know you really wanted Mick to join Lindsey on his solo tours, for reasoning i still don't understand, and sorry that now you seem disappointed.
Woah, calm down, there. I wasn’t necessarily excited about it. It was something that made a lot of sense for both of them, especially if Fleetwood Mac was done.

I’d be much more excited about a new album with the current lineup or a blues album with Mick, John, Christine, Rick, and Mike.

Quote:
that said, Mick is not promoting anything right now, so of course he's not saying anything. all his statements came when he was promoting his FM / PG project recording that was coming out at the time.

so the timeline you seem to imply doesn't really exist.
Prior to that interview, there was some type of news coming out about every two weeks. You could almost set your watch to it. Not so much since, save for Mike Campbell working with John Mayall (hence why I want him in the Fleetwood Mac blues offshoot).

Quote:
Lindsey said all Azoff cares about is money. then Azoff came out with the statement basically saying - hey all i care about is money!
Part of Irving’s job is to care about the money. That said, I think Irving was also just as motivated by spite in 2018-19.

Quote:
Lindsey said - it was Stevie who was behind the ultimatum. then Stevie came out and said no no no no no he's lying - it was I who gave the ultimatum.
Stevie didn’t give them an ultimatum. She said she wasn’t working with Lindsey anymore. There wasn’t a directive to the band that it was her or Lindsey. However, Mick and Irving knew a Fleetwood Mac tour without her wasn’t going to fly and figured out a solution that kept her in the band. The net effect was the same, but without an actual directive, it’s hard for me to see it as an ultimatum.

Quote:
why Lindsey was paying Azoff as his manager all those years is completely beyond me, because now when we see the promotion under Lindsey's new management, it's completely clear that other than talking money and instead belittling him for not being commercial enough solo, Azoff was doing beyond crappy job for Lindsey.
Having Irving as his manager probably helped get him back on a label after Warner/Reprise was done with him.

THE Stephen Hopkins